Saturday, August 29, 2009

6 Waterfalls

Hey everyone,

This weekend has been another exciting weekend. I went on a hike with about 15 other people from the island. It was a hike to 6 different waterfalls on the interior of the island. Our guide was a ripped 48 year old and he was chain smoking the entire hike. He also never broke a sweat when I was sweating more than I have ever sweat before. He was also one of the best hikers I've ever seen. The hike was over wet and slippery rocks and down wet and steep hills. He never missed a step and was incredibly fast. I fell down like 5 or 6 times in the mud and I was completely soaked by the end of the hike. The hike was probably the best hike that I have ever done. It was not the hardest hike that I've done but it was the best. Here is a picture of our guide.


The waterfalls were amazing but my internet connection is painfully slow. So I will show you a picture of the best/last waterfall that we went to. The last waterfall I was not able to bring my camera because it was not accessible by land. We had to swim up a narrow channel through a swift moving river. When you got to the other side there was a beautiful waterfall that was pouring out of a cave in the rock wall. It was amazing. Here is a picture of me in front of the waterfall.



This week my local made spear gun will be completed. Me, Ciran, Johnathan, and Pete will be going out to Joy Island and spending the night there next Saturday. We are only bringing water, rice, spear guns, machetes, and a pot to cook food. Hopefully we can spear some fish or else it will be a boring meal for dinner. The island has many coconut trees so I would imagine that I will be trying to climb one to get some coconut milk for us. I will update the blog with some more pictures when the internet connection improves. I hope everyone is having a great
end of summer and getting ready for fall. Unfortunately...I will still be in summer..for the next year. hahaha. I will enjoy the endless summer here on Pohnpei. However, I will miss the skiing this winter. But, there will be plenty of time next year to school all of the family members on the slope.

Love,

Tyler

1 comment:

  1. great post. The waterfalls sound amazing. I am hoping to see some good ones in Maui. Only a month to wait. Hope you spear some good fish. Take some pictures of your catch. You are having the experience of a lifetime. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete